Facts & Figures
- 5.4 million people are living with Alzheimer’s today
- 15 million caregivers give 17 million unpaid hours of service each year
- Those caregivers spend 7.9 million extra on health care costs for themselves because of the stress their work causes on themselves
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death – it is the only one of the top 10 leading causes of death that can’t be prevented, cured or slowed
- Death rate of Alzheimer’s patients has Risen 66% since 2009, all other of the top 10 causes of death have decreased.
- Every 69 seconds someone gets Alzheimer’s…help today, find a cure for tomorrow.
Help is Available
24/7 Help Hotline: 800.272.3900